Pediatric Seasonal Flu information
UPDATE – 8/15/17
The flu vaccine will be available at Menlo Pediatrics on September 18. Drop-In Flu Clinics are encouraged for all patients who do not have an egg allergy. Please see dates below.
Please note: Menlo Pediatrics will not be administering the nasal Flu-Mist this season due to the CDC’s recommendations that the Flu-Mist is not effective against the influenza virus.
- Routine influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and older.
- As in previous recommendations, all children aged 6 months through 8 years who receive a seasonal influenza vaccine for the first time should receive 2 doses, 1 month apart.
- For those patients with severe egg allergies, flu vaccines must be obtained through the allergy department.
- For those patients who have mild egg allergies AND have had flu vaccine in the past without a reaction, flu vaccines must be scheduled in the Pediatric Department during the regular business hours M-F.
- According to our physicians, you may receive the influenza vaccine if you have an upper respiratory illness as long as you do not have a high fever. Please consult your physician if you have questions.
- All pediatric flu vaccine is preservative-free.
Pediatric Flu Clinics (Drop-In Only)
Located in the Pediatric Department on 1N
8:30 AM -12:00 PM
- Saturday, September 23
- Saturday, October 7
- Saturday, October 21
- Saturday, November 4
- Saturday, November 18
- Saturday, December 2
- Inactivated Flu Vaccine (PDF)