Pediatric Seasonal Flu information
UPDATE – 8/12/16
Menlo Pediatrics has received this year’s flu vaccine for all ages 6 months and older.
Please note: Menlo Pediatrics will not be administering the nasal Flu-Mist this season due to the CDC’s recommendations that it is not effective against the influenza virus.
- Routine influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 6 months and older.
- As in previous recommendations, all children aged 6 months through 8 years who receive a seasonal influenza vaccine for the first time should receive 2 doses, 1 month apart.
- For those patients with severe egg allergies, flu vaccines must be obtained through the allergy department.
- For those patients who have mild egg allergies AND have had flu vaccine in the past without a reaction, flu vaccines must be scheduled in the Pediatric Department during the regular business hours M-F.
- According to our physicians, you may receive the influenza vaccine if you have an upper respiratory illness as long as you do not have a high fever. Please consult your physician if you have questions.
- All pediatric flu vaccine is preservative-free.
Pediatric Flu Clinics (Drop-In Only)
Located in the Pediatric Department on 1N
8:30 AM -12:00 PM
- Saturday, September 24
- Saturday, October 8
- Saturday, October 22
- Saturday, November 5
- Saturday, November 19
- Saturday, December 10
- Inactivated Flu Vaccine (PDF)